Friday 12 February 2016

AMERICANS RECIPES-MICROWAVE FARMERS OMELET(IN A CUP)

Microwave Farmers Omelet (In A Cup)

(1 serving)    Printable Version
  • 2 large eggs - beaten
  • 2 or 3 Tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 2 Tablespoons diced fully cooked ham (or cooked and crumbled bacon)
  • 1 Tablespoon diced green bell pepper
  • salt and pepper to taste
I was shocked that I liked this as much as I did. I'm pretty much a purist when it comes to omelets. I spent weeks finding my perfect frying pan. I've studied the techniques of the famed omelet chef Madame Romaine de Lyon. Realizing I can make a genuinely excellent omelet by throwing stuff in a cup is both exciting and somewhat deflating. The bottom line is that this method works.

I think the trick is filling your mug 2/3 full of ingredients before microwaving. That yields an omelet that rises just slightly over rim of the cup. I added an extra egg and increased the bell pepper to 2 Tablespoons to make that happen for my particular mug. As for cooking time, mine took 1 minute and 40 seconds... stirring twice during that period. I suggest that you serve the omelet directly in the the mug. It's much prettier than if you invert it onto a plate. Thanks to 'Bennett' for sending us this recipe. (Tested and photographed in June 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment